Desperately Seeking Sanity
Hi! My name is Krista. I am a wife, mother, teacher and entrepreneur. I own a private music school in Owings, Maryland and I specialize in improving mental health through music. I hold 2 degrees in psychology, two of my three children are twins and I have a lot to say about motherhood, mental health and music. While you will find Freedom Through Music, I am desperately seeking sanity.
So how will I find such a thing doing a podcast…you ask?! Well, by sharing philosophies, experiences and stories, from my perspective and others, I hope that as I evolve in my search for balance and joy, you can find something from my mental travels that help you as well. So, let’s start this journey together. Put your tray tables in the upright position, fasten your seat beats and let’s get started…
If anyone knows what it means to be a mother, a wife, a business owner…and most of all a woman (all at once), it would definitely be Krista. Krista has experienced ups, downs, wins, and loses – ultimately using every experience as a learning lesson not only to learn from herself, but to also help other people who are/may have experienced the same thing.
If you were to ask Krista for her professional and personal resume, you would see something like this:
- Married to her husband, Nicholas, for 13 years and the mother of 3 children, two of whom are twin girls
- Owner of the Garrett Music Academy and has taught private lessons for over 12 years
- Owner of I am Flawsome, which specializes in promoting mental health through music
- Graduated from Suitland School of Performing Arts for Piano and Vocal Performance
- Received Master’s degree with honors at Johns Hopkins University for Developmental Psychology
- Director of the ARC of Southern Maryland therapeutic music program
- Specializes in early childhood music and developmental and cognitive disability programs
- Author of Authenticity: Be You, Do You, Share You…Be Flawsome!
As you can see, Krista has a multitude of experience and can pretty much relate to alot in life. Those who interact with Krista walk away feeling refreshed, encouraged…And most of all reassured that they are not the only one on a specific journey in life.
Want to connect with other women for FREE in an EXCLUSIVE community? All you have to do is click on the button below to join.
P.S. This is not your ordinary Facebook Group.
Text FLAWSOME to (202) 410-4202 to receive exclusive freebies and perks!